Wedding Decor Trends for 2012
2012 brings delicate, natural shades.
Wedding Themes are back
Let your imagination go and have fun searching for a venue that fits your chosen theme.
- Beach Theme with glass sea shells and mini star fish along with a seafood dinner.
- An outdoor wedding on a Wine Estate with wine tasting on long wooden tables with cheeses and salads and fine wine.
- Barn Weddings with rustic centrepiece mixed with elegant cutlery and linen.
- Vintage Wedding with dresses of the Victorian era with big skirts, tight bodice and capped sleeves, glamour, glitter and diamonds.
- Woodland or Rustic wedding theme with an ethnic influence.
Speciality Stations are a hit
- Candy Buffets Station with pretty silver spoons or scoops in each container allow guests to fill small boxes or bags with their favourite candy.
- Dessert Trolley Station with beautiful cupcakes, pastries and other (often homemade) treats.
- Cigar Bar Station
- Good Night Station with fresh hot coffee and teas with small bags of heart-shaped cookies or chocolates. Chocolate covered strawberries, donuts and pastries.
- Liqueur Sampling or Wine Tasting Station accompanied by a cheese platter
Colours for 2012
Delicate and natural shades that convey tranquility.
- Dove Grey
- Soft Aqua
- Pale Blue
Centrepieces and Tables
Brides are choosing centrepieces that are in the same colour tones, but different sizes. 10-person round tables are out and Mixed table shapes (round and square) are been paired. Decor is pretty but simple with attention to detail.
Gone is the strictly traditional occasion. Unique weddings, with a personal touch. Finer details being significant in every aspect.